Saturday, February 4, 2012

January 2012

Happy 2012

The Year of the Dragon!  According to Chinese beliefs, this year is suppose to exceptionally lucky.  I've never been a person to depend on "luck" to make things happen for myself or family.  I have been more successful through exercising faith, prayer and perserverance.  I know, that sounds a little boring but when that is pretty much all you have then it makes sense. 

I'm an empty nester and have been for almost eight years.  That is a long time to live in an empty nest.  Well, can you really call it an empty nest when that nest still has two occupants?  So, at my current age, I find myself spending an over abundance of quality time with myself and mostly with a 21 inches short-legged hairy best friend name Oscar.  Oscar is my long-haird daschund. 

I'm looking forward to see if the Year of the Dragon will change my luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment